• Advertisement

Demand continues to suck

Talk about Demand Studios and Demand Media. How about that health insurance?!!

Demand continues to suck

Postby 60bagsoftrash » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:10 pm

So, I went back to writing for DMS for a few months when my cat got cancer, in order to pay for her chemo and massive vet bills. Thank GAWD I got another gig today that will allow me to quit again! I can't ditch them without telling the latest story, though.

Since I've been back, my scores have averaged 4.1. However, I've been removed from two of the three sections for which I was approved for "writing outside my area of expertise." The fact that DMS wants experts not just in the sections, but for every single title is just laughable. I got an email from Eve telling me I'd been removed from one of the sections, but I was never told the title in which I supposedly made some fucking factual error. The best part? I can still see articles for that section and have been writing them for the past month since she sent that email. Um, oops!

I applied for almost every section, just to see which ones they'd approve. I got approved for one in which I have no experience whatsoever and turned down for one in which I have an advanced degree. Plus there's one CE who repeatedly sends back rewrites with more words than there are in the article. The other day she wrote two paragraphs telling me to remove two words. The clusterfuckery is just way too much. See ya, DMS!
60bagsoftrash

Advertisement

Re: Demand continues to suck

Postby Thanks » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:23 am

More power to you. DMS is about to die a horrible screaming writing death filled with blood, pain, anguish and zombie limbs.
You can't spell Dumbass without the letters "DMS!"
Thanks

Re: Demand continues to suck

Postby 60bagsoftrash » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:35 am

Ha, they just fired me! I'm busy with other work and no longer writing for them, but I checked my Demand-only email and saw I got the boot. Here's my response:

"I assume the CEs who approved my shitty articles are also being fired.

Demand is the biggest joke on the planet. You hired me, fired me, hired me back with an EIN and fake resume, never caught me, and removed my permissions from each section one at a time but failed to remove my access to the articles. Your emails to writers are misspelled. Your content is nothing but fluff to put around words trying to sell things, and your pretense that it isn't is ridiculous.

You truly are the worst of the internet. I've never hated a job more; never felt more like I had sold my soul to the stupid. But hey, thanks for the extra 15 thousand bucks!

Someone Whose Name Obviously Isn't (My Fake Name)"

:lol: :lol:
60bagsoftrash

Return to Demand Studios