[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Tech is down to 15 titles

• Advertisement

Tech is down to 15 titles

Talk about Demand Studios and Demand Media. How about that health insurance?!!

Tech is down to 15 titles

Postby WalkAway » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:19 am

And people who have been clinging to the Tech section in DMS are starting to panic. Tech has gone from 600+ titles before the break last month to 400, then 300, then 200, and now less than 20.

I haven't written for DMS in nearly two years, saw the writing on the wall and moved on to new pastures. Got tempted a few times to go back in and write some, but thankfully didn't. I don't understand why people continue to depend on them rather than going out and looking for new jobs. I'm not even that great at writing or managing, yet I managed to parlay a writing gig into a project management gig and now I get numerous offers each week through oDesk (for gigs paying $16+ an hour). I'm so booked I've had to turn down work.

Point is, it's not that hard to find new gigs. The Tech writers always struck me as smarter than the rest of DMS, yet they continue to write for a place that looks to be on death's door.
WalkAway

Advertisement

Re: Tech is down to 15 titles

Postby 60bagsoftrash » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:52 pm

I'm approved for Parenting, Fitness, and Home Decor. They wrote to tell me I'd been booted from Home Decor, but failed to remove my access to the titles, so I've been writing them for a couple of months since I got the email. :lol:

Parenting hasn't had titles since well before the break. Decor has a few here and there. Fitness has the most, but after hiding the bad titles, I'm down to 60 titles across all three sections.

SO glad I have other work! It was nice having Demand permissions so I could pay a big vet bill, but I have enough work doing other things that I won't need them any more after this month. I'm expecting them to fold soon, but it will probably just be a PayPal glitch.
60bagsoftrash

Postby squirrely_wrath » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:51 am

"Pinatas. I personally love the concept of beating the shit out something and getting candy in return. It's pure genius."
squirrely_wrath

Postby Thanks » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:27 am

You can't spell Dumbass without the letters "DMS!"
Thanks

Postby squirrely_wrath » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:11 am

"Pinatas. I personally love the concept of beating the shit out something and getting candy in return. It's pure genius."
squirrely_wrath

Return to Demand Studios