[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Latest Demand death rattle

• Advertisement

Latest Demand death rattle

Talk about Demand Studios and Demand Media. How about that health insurance?!!

Latest Demand death rattle

Postby Count of Content » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:14 pm

Dear Writers and Editors,

I’d like to share additional information regarding the eHow Renovation project. As the original announcement mentioned, there’s a lot of work to be done to prepare for this change, and unfortunately a few sections will experience significant changes in the near term.

As a contributor for Culture, Family & Relationships, Food, Parenting, Pets, Real Estate, Science, Style, and/or Travel – we want to let you know that we will remove all available assignments in these sections on Friday, March 7th. These sections are likely to remain at zero for the next couple of weeks – at minimum.

We anticipate having fresh eHow assignments in these sections in the upcoming months, but please note it is hard to nail down a specific date. New assignments will fluctuate by segment. We will remain in touch and let you know if there is an update to the timeline and when new assignments are ready for you.

Please note, all in progress work can and should be completed as normal. This change won’t affect anything claimed, in draft, or anywhere along the Editorial process. Go ahead and treat them like any other assignment and payment will be issued as normal.

We also want to take a moment to thank all of you. We know that this presents a significant change in editorial focus, but the reaction from the community so far has been overwhelmingly positive.

We’re very enthused by the excitement you’re sharing regarding eHow’s future. It will be an amazing project for all of us.

Best,

Martha E. Flores
VP, Editorial
Demand Media Studios
Please remember the 'o's. The Count f Content makes no sense. Nor does the Count of Cntent.
Count of Content

Advertisement

Re: Latest Demand death rattle

Postby Count of Content » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:41 am

And more - posted as a blue banner yesterday:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the payment scheduled for Friday 3/14 will be delayed until Monday, 3/17. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause the members of the DMS community.
Please remember the 'o's. The Count f Content makes no sense. Nor does the Count of Cntent.
Count of Content

Postby BurnCEs » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:49 am

BurnCEs

Postby Illuminati » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Wow. I just read all the info. on the DSS front page. Although I'm not at all surprised by DMS's standard "operating" protocol, I **still** don't understand how DMSers can be so shocked.

Being in denial and clinging onto false hope only can be used as excuses for so long. I'm so glad I don't have to read through all the desperate pleas for financial help in the forums. Like I've said before, it's no longer "entertaining;" it's just plain sad. Instead of looking for other things to do, they continue down the river of tears in the forums. Birds of a feather flock together, I guess.

Best of luck to anyone who still holds a burning desire to contract with DMS. ~ Peace ~
Illuminati

Postby squirrely_wrath » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:38 am

I don't know who the hell DMS is kidding. They should just shut their doors and focus on the other ventures of their shitty company. Scrap the content writing, because it failed....twice.

Sometimes, people don't want to realize the truth, so the only option is a good, solid kick in the ass to give them a dose of reality. DMS should just come out and say "sorry, show's over", and let the writers get their shit together somewhere else.
"Pinatas. I personally love the concept of beating the shit out something and getting candy in return. It's pure genius."
squirrely_wrath

Postby DemonizeDMS » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Heh, you know they still haven't fired me........ I kinda feel like I'm on the Titanic, but with a a life raft in one hand and a glass of champagne in the other.

I honestly think they'll come up with some titles in their last throes of death, then silently slink away. I don't think it's over yet...at least not in all sections. I'm sure many sections are gone for good, but some will still get that last twitch of titles. It just seems they're too intent on this whole writing thing to let DMS die a "dignified" death.
"Of course I've gone mad with power. Have you ever tried going mad without power? It's boring. No one listens to you."
DemonizeDMS

Postby undercover » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:57 pm

undercover

Return to Demand Studios