[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Are We Going to Have a Wake?

• Advertisement

Are We Going to Have a Wake?

Talk about Demand Studios and Demand Media. How about that health insurance?!!

Are We Going to Have a Wake?

Postby Lane Meyer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:15 pm

I would love to see screen shots of the forum. Poor zombs.

Did the abusive, untouchable, smug, superior experts in the editorial department really get fired instead of being shifted over to StudioD?
"I want my $15!"
Lane Meyer

Advertisement

Re: Are We Going to Have a Wake?

Postby Thanks » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:30 am

Yes please, would love to see some frothy mouths!
You can't spell Dumbass without the letters "DMS!"
Thanks

Postby Illuminati » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:37 pm

It's pretty much crickets in the forums. Everyone is asking, "How does this affect me?" Those poor people --- they *still* don't know that they've been lied to over and over again and continue to be lied to. And DMS staffers keep reiterating that titles still will be available via email to the chosen ones.

The most amusing "How does this affect me" came from my personal fave DMS Lifer Jason Gilligan. He just might have to venture out of his mom's basement and find a job. I chuckled hard. :lol:

This is the official word from Jordan:

"Hi everyone,

I know that you’ve gotten a lot of recent emails on the topic of the eHow Project.

For the past couple years, eHow has been working to achieve the goal of being one of the most helpful destinations online. With a focus on the best reader experience possible, that evolution has required many changes to the site including taking down old content and replacing it with new, renovated content. Today we are letting you know that eHow is winding down this project and phasing out their current needs for content.

What does that mean for you? Today we are removing all of the remaining eHow assignments from the Find Assignments queue. Many of you still have work in progress and you will be able to complete and be paid for those assignments as usual. But effective immediately writers will not be able to pick up new eHow assignments.

What about other current projects? For those of you who are currently assigned to other sites, this decision has no impact on those projects. Those will continue along their current production timelines independent of any eHow changes.

What happens next? Demand Media Studios’ business model isn’t changing. We’re still dedicated to being the best possible source of content for brands and over the coming weeks we will continue to work with our existing partners while adding more to our portfolio. But as I’ve pointed out previously, these projects will require a much smaller pool of content creators than eHow has required in the past.

None of these changes reflect how we as a Studio view you or the quality of the content you create, nor does it affect your status as a Demand Media Studios contributor. We plan to keep you in mind for potential new opportunities in which we hope you will participate.

Our team will be available to answer any questions about these changes you may have. You can post questions here or email us at EditorialTeam@DemandStudios.com for a personal response to any of your questions.

Thank you,

Jordan"

ETA:

Oh, about Lally and Lederman, et al:

*Studio Staff*
Brooks
First: 3/19/2014
Last: 8/13/2015
In Response to Re: Project Update: eHow Renovation:

Can we get an update as to who remains at their editor desks? I hear RL, Eve, Joe and Brian are gone. Any others?
Posted by Jason Gillikin

In Response to Re: Project Update: eHow Renovation : Weren't all four of them pretty much responsible for all "active" sections?
Posted by Paul99

Correct. Eve, Richard, Joe and Brian Klonoski have parted ways with DMS. These are the only members of the team that no longer here in the Studio. And as far as "active Sections" go, I can help clear that up a bit. Eve was working on Pets (and only Pets) and that Section was de-prioritized some time ago. Brian's Sections were and remain active, namely Livestrong medical. Richard's Sections were active too, but not like they were before. Now that we're not producing as much content for eHow as we were before, the Sections don't hold as much "value" as they once did. As we transition into new partners for content, we'll re-evaluate the Sections and determine the best course of action for the partner/affiliate we're working with.
Illuminati

Postby Devil_youknow » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:49 pm

I just logged in because I heard a rumor that eHow was over?

Here's a funny thing that happened to me (you'll get a kick out it)

- Was fired from Tech months ago (no loss - didn't write anymore anyways)
- Richard lally sent me an email saying he like my tech articles and asked why I wasn't writing (no lie)
- Told him the section was screwed up and they fired good writers.
- He got me rehired.
- I still didn't write. :)

Now it looks like it's over. done. kaput. is that true? What's this Studio D thing?
Devil_youknow

Postby Lane Meyer » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:12 pm

The eHow "renovation" failed and Demand is trying to sell eHow (along with LIVESTRONG and Cracked) and get out of the content mill business. They fired Lally, Eve, Joe Crosby and others. They closed the Austin office and fired that staff. They told the zombs goodbye, no more eHow articles, but that a few would get work from StudioD.

StudioD is Demand's latest pivot. It's an attempt to cash in on the "sponsored content" craze. Demand has been trying this for years (think Dremel, Hidden Valley, Michelob Ultra Lifestyles, etc.). Large companies now pay StudioD to to create "lifestyle" content so consumers will love the "brand" and won't realize how bad the company's product is. Sap companies pay $50K or more for eHow-quality crap and then wonder what went wrong.

Can you post some screen shots from the forums from about the time Jordan lowered the boom so we can see how the zombs reacted?
"I want my $15!"
Lane Meyer

Postby BurnCEs » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:29 am

Breaking news from Jordan, kicking the corpse:

feckwits.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BurnCEs

Postby Lane Meyer » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:47 am

“Every project we do will require . . . talent with social media followings.”

Translated: "Could you not only create the content, but also find all the readers for it? We'll, um, let you submit your work to us and, um, let you make us money, and um..."
"I want my $15!"
Lane Meyer

Postby Devil_youknow » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:02 pm

Yeah I didn't see a whole lot in the forums (but you made me go out there damn you!) :D

Most of the people were like "Oh I'm like, so sad" and "hey this change is going to be for the better" etc. In other words zombs gonna be zombs. A lot of them are worried about the social media aspect, because they don't have many followers etc.

I can't imagine doing that - why would I want my real name associated with editor-screwed-with words for a crappy content site?
Devil_youknow

Postby Azucena » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:41 pm

We'd recognize you anywhere, Demand, by your punctuation error: http://talent.studiod.com/
Azucena

Postby Illuminati » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:22 pm

The forums are weird. Threads pretty much are inactive except for a couple of gals who use the forum as a personal messenger service. Never understood why the Big D never wanted to clean up that place; it's a mess, with threads that go back four years ago. I guess if you're ever bored, you could scroll through and find some laughs -- especially the memorable ones like the lady who wanted sell her breast milk for some extra cash and the reusable toilet cloth girl. :lol: Those days were hilarious but glad they're millions of miles in the rearview mirror.
Illuminati

Next

Return to Demand Studios