[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Search term: Ford Mustang

• Advertisement

Search term: Ford Mustang

Seen a stupid photo in the Demand stock library? Post it here - also what search term you used to find it.

Search term: Ford Mustang

Postby Iwriteautostuff » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:21 pm

Result: pictures of daisies.

Or drum brakes as the search term and motorcycle pictures are given.

Gods, I can go on for-fucking-ever here.

The DMS image search engine seems to really like flowers. I get pictures of flowers no matter what I use as a search term.

To me the search engine seems engineered to create writer frustration, not give us access to pictures that enhance our articles in any way, shape or form. We should be allowed to use our own images.
Iwriteautostuff

Advertisement

Re: Search term: Ford Mustang

Postby alice » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:30 pm

alice

Postby tomtuckermyass » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:45 pm

True, I just had a caption rewrite request this week. Idiot bitch did not like my line. She said I should not provide info in the caption that's already in the intro. Never mind that in the first two weeks I started writing for DMS the CE specifically asked me plus the CE copied the first line of the intro and pasted it into the caption. I just really really hate the inconsistency with DMS. I have written 20 this week and I have had 7 rewrites, three of which I will just let go cos I just suspect whatever I write, even if I interview a Nobel prize winner scientist the CE would reject cos she knows it all so much better.
tomtuckermyass

Postby EnigmaticJack » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:20 am

'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:59 am

My rule-of-thumb for images.

Enter the specific person, place or thing I am writing about and click "search." If there is nothing specific to the title on the first page, canned "no XXX picture, only generic pics." response and move on.

Hasn't failed me yet. DMS doesn't pay me enough to peruse their photos, unless they are of scantly clad women :D .
I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Postby Tink » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:31 pm

the photo library used to be worse.
Tink

Return to Stock Photo Phun!