[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Questions From a Suite Newbie

• Advertisement

Questions From a Suite Newbie

suite101.com

Re: Questions From a Suite Newbie

Postby Natch » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Two things I appreciate about Suite101:

1) Articles get picked up by Google pretty quick, and often climb near the top of the results without much effort on the author's part.

2) The standard of writing and content is okay, compared to HubPages (for example).
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Advertisement

Postby CuzISaidSo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:47 pm

CuzISaidSo

Postby Patrick » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Yeah, I'm going to concentrate on Suite101 for 2011. It's really a numbers game. I'm just going to concentrate on putting up evergreen titles and see what happens. Most of them don't a lot of hits per month, probably about 200.

From what I hear, you won't see any decent monthly cash until you have at least 100 articles up. This month I'll clear enough for a case of beer. Which is a good start.

Just gonna try to do at least 1x day.

Plus, they've added more incentives when you hit the 50/100/200 marks (or was it 300?).

They post their top ten earners every month. There's a pretty big discrepancy between number one (usually about $2000) and number 10 (usually around $500). So, if I can pull in $200/plus a month, I'd be pretty happy.

The other thing is that the articles are YOURS after a year. So if you just write 1x day, by the end of the year, you'll be sitting on over 300 articles that you can do whatever you want with.

And their Google placement is the best of any site like that I've seen. I've had articles pop up on p0 of Google the same day I wrote them.

Things that suck:

- referencing is awkward
- text editor sucks
- can't include things like RSS feeds to keep article current
Patrick

Postby MsMoneyPenny » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:06 am

MsMoneyPenny

Postby Natch » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:18 am

"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:48 pm

I have been with Suite for 2 years. It's starts off slow. I made shit for over a year, but now I'm making about $10/day. Some days it's higher (my best days are $12, and some days they are low..my worst days are $6.).

It's all about keyword research, and you can slap together something. Their standards aren't that high anymore as long as you don't post complete garbage. If you write health articles, just make sure you have a .edu reference. Some editors let complete shit go through. I've seen people reference about.com or even wikipedia even though it's against the rules. They claim that they've increased their standards, but they really haven't.

To make money there, find keyword values that have low competition and only get at most 20k searches. I usually aim for about 10k searches. Try to get 2 keyword phrases in the title. Add at least 2 more phrases to the subtitle paragraph. Use more keywords in the bolded section headers, and the rest you can write whatever you want. Most editors want some kind of high PR link out, so put those on keyword phrases.

Mix evergreen with seasonals. Seasonal articles will keep you from slamming your head on the desk during holidays, because your income will flop especially during Nov and Dec with no seasonal articles.

Some editors are really picky, so you have to get a feel for each section editor.

I plan to do at least 250 more articles for Suite this year, and I think at that point I will have a decent income. Still not enough to get away from DS, but it will give me a nice cushion when things turn to shit at DS.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby MsMoneyPenny » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:53 pm

MsMoneyPenny

Postby MsMoneyPenny » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:01 pm

MsMoneyPenny

Postby Natch » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:17 pm

Suite101 has an idea generator where you can pick a keyword from a list, supposedly formed using algorithms (I have no idea what that actually means, but it's supposed to be good) for earning potential.

CE_ClueBat, how many articles do you have at Suite101 for your $10 a day?
Natch

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:52 pm

"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

PreviousNext

Return to Suite 101