[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - I don't fear rewrites. I hate them.

• Advertisement

I don't fear rewrites. I hate them.

Got a stupid copy editor story? Share it here!

Re: I don't fear rewrites. I hate them.

Postby scrappy_bitch » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:56 pm

I got a rewrite once where the CE basically said, "I made some changes and wanted to OK them with you first." I sent it back with a "Looks good to me." response, but was thinking "Umm, you do realize rewrites go against my stats, right? Just approve the fucking thing." :?
scrappy_bitch

Advertisement

Postby jekhyl » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:17 pm

I think the next time something like that happens, include this note:

Remember the $7k guy, and ask yourself if it really matters. The approve the fucking thing and move on.
Why? Because FUCK YOU, that's why.
jekhyl

Postby Hbomb » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:59 am

I forgot to mention, I also got a rewrite once because the CE deleted one of my references by accident and needed me to put it back.

Just got another one saying what "they'd like to see" in the article... a bit more information on this and that. It's informative as is. It's a topic view, with a comprehensive overview of the title subject... and now they want some how-to steps thrown in.
Hbomb

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:12 pm

I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Postby jekhyl » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:49 pm

Why? Because FUCK YOU, that's why.
jekhyl

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:42 pm

I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Postby Pardon_my_French » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:57 pm

meh.......

my latest is that I apparently don't know what I'm talking about event though I wrote about where I live.
CE says, "Is there any other place besides XXXX to buy this?"

No. That's why it's there. That is the place in XXXX where one would purchase XXXX. Always has, always will.
Just one of those I have to set aside for a day and look at after the anger has passed.

Pardon_my_French

Postby CE_ClueBat » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:38 pm

SO basically, I fear rewrites now. LOL
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby WriterOfSpam » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:47 pm

“That’s not writing, that’s typing.” - Truman Capote
WriterOfSpam

Postby ClusterFQueen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:32 pm

CEs have instructions that result in questioning any semblance of independent thinking.
And the Zombie A$$h@le CEs do it . . .yuck.

I was told to rewrite a piece that "read more like a feature article than a list." Uh, yes, duh... am I supposed to dumb down my work and earn nothing but beans my entire life? F. Them. All.
ClusterFQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Copy Editors