[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Textbroker Overview

• Advertisement

Textbroker Overview

textbroker.com

Re: Textbroker Overview

Postby D.H. » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:38 pm

I agree with you Adam. The few dealings that I've had with editors there have been favorable. They do offer meaningful feedback about how to improve your writing, when they get around to it. However, it takes them weeks to actually get around to reviewing work. Thankfully, that is not a requirement for getting paid.

I've written a short 2-star article just to boost my rating. The problem with writing 2- and 3-star articles with the purpose of getting more ratings to move up is that you still have to write them at a 4-star level.
D.H.

Advertisement

Postby Adam V. Lally » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Yes, that's true. ANd some of the "clients" can be tools. But I do like that an editors reviews it, even if it takes awhile, in addition to the client. Makes everything less subjective.

The writing a long time to move up is a pain in the ass though, yeah. Sometimes if you email them they'll bump you up or let you know what you need to do.
Names have been changed to protect the innocent.
Adam V. Lally

Postby gidget » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:50 pm

I signed up with Txtbrkr for upfront pay, and S101 for residuals.
Wrote a few short bits for Txtbrkr but the pay is SO low and I'm still SO slow. I made less than $10. I am a level 3 writer. Thanks for posting the pay scale! It would be worth it to be a level 5, although they don't get many level 5 assignments I noticed. If I stay there I will keep on them about becoming a 4 or 5 asap.
I agree they are nice there, and the forum is good.

Need money asap so I will going to DS. At least I know what is before me from all the research I've done on DS.
I know I will get sucked into the vortex at DS...argh!

Residual sites are the way to go for the long haul.
gidget

Postby Tink » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:08 pm

Guys - I'm wondering if you can give me some advice for Text Broker. I'm gonna write my sample article for them. How is it supposed to sound? Dry like for DMS, or should I inject it with some personality? Or does it matter? Thanks.
Tink

Postby WriterOfSpam » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:45 pm

“That’s not writing, that’s typing.” - Truman Capote
WriterOfSpam

Postby Tink » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Ok, right. That makes sense. Thanks!
Tink

Postby SEO Speedwagon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:00 pm

I wonder what kind of sample would get me a higher level to start?
SEO Speedwagon

Postby WriterOfSpam » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:32 pm

“That’s not writing, that’s typing.” - Truman Capote
WriterOfSpam

Postby Tink » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:36 pm

I got in at level 4. I wrote 250 words about a vacation spot that I like. I did it pretty dry, DMS style - third person, active voice. I didn't editorialize at all. Idk if that helps you or not.

Very quick turnaround time. Heard back within the hour.

Oh, btw - What they do is this: They give you a few ideas of what to write about. I could have written about sightseeing in my home town, or a town I like. A descriptive article about someplace I like to shop at..... I can't remember the others. Sorry.
Tink

Postby jujube » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:58 am

jujube

Previous

Return to Textbroker