[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Income Dropped

• Advertisement

Income Dropped

hubpages.com

Income Dropped

Postby CrazyHatLady » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:01 am

Since the big Google update, my HP income has dropped by a massive amount. I was making about $15 to $20 some weeks with HP (via AdSense). On bad weeks, I still made at least $10. This week? $2. :(

I've made less than $12 all month with HP. I'm glad I wasn't really counting on that income. I know some people who had hundreds of hubs lost hundreds of dollars per month. :roll:
CrazyHatLady

Advertisement

Re: Income Dropped

Postby i_smell » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:10 pm

sorry to hear that, my hp traffic is also down.

they say that the new hubpages ad program earns better than adsense, and supposedly the site owners are going to open the option up to everyone by june. I don't do too much hp stuff anymore and i haven't rec'd an invite to the new revsharing program, but it might be worth waiting for.
Attn Co-Authors:

That is all.
i_smell

Postby Tink » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:37 pm

Sorry, CrazyHat. That sucks. I don't have any thoughtful advice or story to share. Just thought I'd say that sucks.
Tink

Postby CrazyHatLady » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Thanks, Tink. :)

Interesting about the new revshare program. If it earns more, it might be interesting. I've had a bunch of emails about my hubs being substandard for having too many Amazon or Ebay modules, and I am not even going to bother to fix them. I never made much with them anyway, so what's the point? Maybe I'll just take the content down from HP and sell it on Constant Content as non-exclusive.
CrazyHatLady

Postby partygirl » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:01 am

I'm in the same boat. My page views have gone way down, and I have a few amazon sales hubs that are now considered substandard. I think my deadline to fix them was this past Friday, so maybe they're already gone. I'm not going to bother to fix mine either. I barely made anything on them.

It woulda been great to have some passive income, but I never did get into HP like I shoulda in order to really make money. Oh well. Maybe if the algorythm changes again, things will get better again. What I really shoudl do is start a blog. One of these days....
partygirl

Postby givethemyourworst » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:33 pm

HubPages got hit really hard and I doubt they'll ever return to former glory. They are still useful for backlinks and to maybe stumble upon a tiny bit of money here and there but they aren't worth wasting much time with. As more people realize this, the overall quality of new articles will probably go down as people just use it for a spun article repository. Wish I hadn't gotten in on HubPages several years ago. Would have at least had a good run with it. Oh well.

givethemyourworst

Return to Hub Pages