[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Doctor Who and Sh*t

• Advertisement

Doctor Who and Sh*t

Just like the title says!

Re: Doctor Who and Sh*t

Postby queenoffckall » Sat May 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Popping in mid-episode to say

queenoffckall

Advertisement

Postby Peaches » Sat May 14, 2011 8:36 pm

Oooo sounds cool.

I'm starting it now. I'll check in when it's done.
“It is not whether you win or lose, it is whether or not you get totally stoked.” -Sun Tzu
Peaches

Postby Ladidah » Sat May 14, 2011 8:42 pm

What the fuck is that Ood doing? OMG!

This episode is fan-fucking-tastic.

Ok. Nevermind about the Ood. I love the TARDIS as a person. What are your thoughts on how this eppy pushed the story arc forward?

"The only water in the forest is the River."

Edited because I apparently didn't know how to spell Ood. I'm deeply ashamed.
Last edited by Ladidah on Sat May 14, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been arguing online since ! I am a warrior!"-- some fucktard in a forum
Ladidah

Postby queenoffckall » Sat May 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Jesus fucking CHRIST that was good. From Ten's console to Sexy. It was fucking amazing.

At the beginning I could kind of tell Rory was sort of thrown back in, but otherwise, it was phenomenal. Also, it makes me wonder how House tormented Amy without Rory in the original script.
queenoffckall

Postby Peaches » Sat May 14, 2011 9:54 pm

“It is not whether you win or lose, it is whether or not you get totally stoked.” -Sun Tzu
Peaches

Postby EnigmaticJack » Sat May 14, 2011 11:23 pm

I... missed it again. :(

BUT!

I at least had a good reason this time.
'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby Ladidah » Sat May 14, 2011 11:43 pm

"I've been arguing online since ! I am a warrior!"-- some fucktard in a forum
Ladidah

Postby queenoffckall » Sun May 15, 2011 12:49 am

Seriously you two, we've talked about this on multiple threads. It's been stated before that this episode was originally written for last season, when Rory was dead. They couldn't fit it into the production schedule, so Neil re-tooled it for this season, most notably adding in Rory. I would really fucking appreciate it if you could keep up with what's been said so I don't have to repeat myself like an asshole. Peaches, you are especially on my nerves right fucking now, as you've yet to answer any of my fucking questions despite claiming to understand the whole River backwards/forwards mess.

Don't be n00bs. n00bs make Queenie angry.
queenoffckall

Postby Peaches » Sun May 15, 2011 10:45 am

I stopped trying to explain it because both EJ and Burn said the time paradox can’t be perfect. This is all supposing they don’t jump around in each other’s timelines.

I doesn't matter if it’s River and the Doctor or Superman and Lex Luthor and the event is a kiss or a battle. For anyone in a time paradox where one person is going forward and the other backward a “first time event” for one will be the “last time event” for the other because if it’s the first time then before that it won’t have happened to them.

When the Doctor met River for the first time, she allowed herself to die because she knew they would never meet again because he didn’t know her. If they hadn’t met before, then she must have been dead or otherwise incapacitated.

If it was the Doctor’s first kiss with River, then she knows that at all points forward in her timeline they will have never kissed before, just like when she died she knew that in all points forward in her timeline they will have never met before.

For our Doctor and River there’s lots more kissing, but for the River in that episode, it’s all done. Every River that we see will be a younger version who has not yet reached that last kiss point.

At some point in time, in the timeline we’re watching, we might see the Doctor kiss a River who barely knows him. This will be the Doctor’s last kiss with River and her first kiss with him because after that she will not know him well enough, and shortly after they will have never met at all to River.

When we watch the Doctor meet River for her first time, he’ll know this is last time he’ll see her because she doesn’t know him. He’ll have to assume that in his future he’s dead, incapacitated or can’t see her for some reason.

Here’s a chart going backwards from what we see on TV, but forwards from River’s point of view.

River meets Doctor for the first time/ / The Doctor sees River for the last time
River has her first kiss with Doctor / / The Doctor has his last kiss with River
River and the Doctor have adventures / / The Doctor and River have adventures
River has her last kiss with the Doctor / / The Doctor has his first kiss with River
River sees the Doctor for the last time / / The Doctor meets River for the first time
Peaches

Postby queenoffckall » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:09 am

So, let me see if I have this right: on Saturday, in England, they're airing the mid-season finale that reveals who River Song really is and they expect Americans to wait a week and not torrent the FUCK out of that? Is that right?
queenoffckall

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes