[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Break Studios is pulling a WDP...

• Advertisement

Break Studios is pulling a WDP...

breakstudios.break.com

Break Studios is pulling a WDP...

Postby Devil_youknow » Wed May 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Devil_youknow

Advertisement

Re: Break Studios is pulling a WDP...

Postby EnigmaticJack » Wed May 25, 2011 8:48 pm

I don't think it's the beginning of the end for content mills. I think it's the beginning of the end of content mills being a quick way for the average Joe to make a few bucks. They're just starting to realize that they can't hire just anybody and get anything approaching decent content.

I think that aside from the cesspools like Helium, content mills will start to become a lot less friendly for Paul Mann types.
'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby Pardon_my_French » Thu May 26, 2011 3:01 am

They sent the same email out last October/November.

Pardon_my_French

Postby Devil_youknow » Thu May 26, 2011 8:19 am

Yeah maybe you're right Jack. Because I used to be naive and think that the content mills hired actual writers, but then I noticed some of the postings in the z-forums and wow! I guess it's okay if you miss a word here or there, but some of them pissed me off with every other word misspelled. Ugh.

And yeah I didn't see the message last Oct, probably just deleted it. Not too worried since I've never been rejected there and that's just my go-to place when my brain is fried and I can just write smart-ass articles about the death of Bob Marley, 10 obscure movie quotes, and assorted other crap, just for fun.

Poor Bob Marley. I hope where ever he is, he be jammin'.

Devil_youknow

Postby Peaches » Thu May 26, 2011 8:30 am

“It is not whether you win or lose, it is whether or not you get totally stoked.” -Sun Tzu
Peaches

Postby Devil_youknow » Thu May 26, 2011 9:28 am

Dude, yeah totally. Love me some Tank Girl, only comic book I ever liked.
Devil_youknow

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat May 28, 2011 2:59 pm

I took an income hit after Google Panda, but I'm hoping this turns out to be a positive for good writers. I hope this means no longer competing with the shit overseas people who work for $1/500 words and create utter garbage. Maybe people with the good engrish skillz can actually make reasonable money soon. The most probablies have been killing the industry, so I'm hoping that it makes people come up in pay. I could be delusional, but I'm hoping. :lol:
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby EnigmaticJack » Sat May 28, 2011 4:46 pm

'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby CE_ClueBat » Mon May 30, 2011 11:33 am

"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Return to Break Studios