[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - So....I just got accepted to Textbroker...

• Advertisement

So....I just got accepted to Textbroker...

textbroker.com

So....I just got accepted to Textbroker...

Postby Devil_youknow » Wed May 18, 2011 11:40 am

I submitted a writing sample and in less than 15 minutes was accepted. Apparently with a 4 star rating. Are they pretty easy? It seems it would take longer for them to accept, and it looks like 2-3 stars is the norm.
Devil_youknow

Advertisement

Re: So....I just got accepted to Textbroker...

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Thu May 19, 2011 3:01 am

I am a 4 on there as well, but I haven't written anything for them. I use them as a fail safe in case DMS goes under. If you got in with them as a 4, I would say check out www.writeraccess.com. They pay a shit load more, less picky and it's a similar concept.

I made like $500 in 2 days with WriterAccess once. Plus, you can get other independent clients through there.
I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Postby Tink » Thu May 19, 2011 6:45 am

I never bothered to write for TB either. It doesn't seem worth the time. I have them for a back up plan also.
Tink

Postby Devil_youknow » Thu May 19, 2011 8:38 am

Thanks Tink and fuckermcfucksticks, oddly enough I think both your monikers describe the polar parts of my personality. :D

Yeah, pretty much using them as a back-up plan, was kind of suspicious when it didn't take more than a few minutes to be accepted but you know...

I'll try Writer's Access, thanks for the tip my fucky little friend.
Devil_youknow

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Thu May 19, 2011 7:19 pm

fuckermcfucksticks

Postby Devil_youknow » Fri May 20, 2011 8:14 am

Cool! Thanks for the tips. Unlike most of the people here, I don't write full-time, but I have to admit, freelance writing is fun, and it's paying down some debt (and for some foo-foo stuff I want).

I'm always looking for new avenues to branch out in, so your posts really help. Danka!
Devil_youknow

Postby Devil_youknow » Tue May 31, 2011 7:44 am

My dearest fuckermcfucksticks,

Thanks for the Writer's Access tip, just got approved so I'm happy to add another venue to my freelance writing. Danka mucho.
Devil_youknow

Postby prosetitute » Tue May 31, 2011 8:52 am

With Writer Access it's a good idea to apply to some casting calls. If the client puts you on their "love list" you get first dibs on their assignments. The available work is so low right now that the only other option is to keep the site open in your browser and check several times a day for work. They occasionally send emails when they have assignments but by the time you can get to the site they're gone.

I like them for a back-up option. Textbroker as well. Textbroker is nice b/c you can crank them out quickly and will likely never see a rewrite as long as there are no spelling or punctuation errors. It's a good option on days when the DS CE's have you thinking about throwing your computer out a window.
"Whoa! This guy has taffy!"
prosetitute

Postby Devil_youknow » Tue May 31, 2011 9:51 am

Thanks Beaker!

Yes, this is all just part-time for me, thank gawd, but I like to keep as many options open as possible. I also get bored easily so I switch when I'm fed up with a certain site.

Thanks for the tips re:Writer's Access. I already threw a few articles at textbroker, mainly fashion and so simple I could do them in my sleep, just to test it out. Pay=very low, but not at all demanding.

Devil_youknow

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Tue May 31, 2011 5:47 pm

fuckermcfucksticks

Next

Return to Textbroker