[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Textbroker Overview

• Advertisement

Textbroker Overview

textbroker.com

Textbroker Overview

Postby D.H. » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:45 pm

D.H.

Advertisement

Re: Textbroker Overview

Postby Patrick » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:01 pm

I've done like 4 for Textbroker. Got great grades on all of them (what, am I in 6th grade?), but I don't see how you move up to the 5 star ratings.
Patrick

Postby jujube » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:48 pm

I love Textbroker, at least when there's a steady stream of either level 5 articles or super-easy topics that require little or no research. Just make a request to become a level 5 writer after you've written several articles rated "4." The site says to wait until you've written at least 10, but I made my request after I'd written about 100 articles. I didn't hear from them for at least a month, and figured I was stuck at 4, but finally got approved. Honestly, the level 5 articles aren't the norm, but you will find them if you log in a lot. Most haven't even been that hard; in fact, I've had better feedback sometimes from the level-5 clients than the ones who want to pay a few bucks for 400 words.
jujube

Postby Patrick » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:56 pm

100 articles?

dizzzzzammmmmmmm

have you tried Suite? Because that's the number one thing that everyone says for it to work - that you have to have 50+ articles up there to get a steady income stream. I got about 15 or so up there and I bailed. I went out of my way to write high paying keyword articles, too. Stuff that i didn't even care about.
Patrick

Postby jujube » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:00 pm

LOL! Yep, I'm working on 200. Of course, TB is a lot easier to write for overall than a lot of sites.

I applied at Suite 101 when I started writing, and they rejected me. They're the only content mill to turn me down, so I don't know how embarrassed I should be. Maybe I'll give it another try-I don't think they have a one-application policy like DS.

Thanks for the tip!
jujube

Postby D.H. » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:11 pm

I have found Textbroker to be like the crack cocaine of content sites. It's easy to find something to write quickly, and it's easy to want to go back for more.

The biggest downside, besides the pay, is that once you have an article claimed, you either have to fish or cut bait. No more than one article claim at a time. You can't even see what else is out there in the queue without first dropping your claim.

Like every content mill I've seen, you can drop and reclaim an article to extend your deadline. However, Textbroker only allows one reclaim per article.

I'm working on getting enough consecutive 4-star pieces to make a claim for 5-star accreditation. The pay for 2-star pieces is piss poor, and I've only written one. Even for 3- and 4-stars, it's rather substandard.

I also like to follow up on my writing in google to see where the work I wrote ended up. I'm fascinated by who finds value in commissioning writing on Textbroker. It's unique among content mills for the third-party clientele. The content pool ranges from the driest of dry SEO crap to rather short politically-oriented hit pieces. I am fairly certain that the RNC and DNC may use sites like Textbroker to commission political agitprop.
D.H.

Postby Patrick » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:28 am

but textbroker max pay is still like $10? i quickly gave that up when i branched out at DS.

you want crack cocaine?

DS Short Answer - no intro, 200 words, barely looked at by CEs.

they still doing those?
Patrick

Postby jujube » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Actually, I've made over $40 on Textbroker level 5 articles. It's pretty rare to even see a $10 order for a "4" article, though.
jujube

Postby Patrick » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:44 pm

wrote something on textbroker for later. yeah, i guess it takes getting to 5 before it's worthwhile.

in that way it's kinda cool that the more experienced of a writer you are, the better assignments you get.

ahem, demand studios, ahem......
Patrick

Postby Adam V. Lally » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:18 pm

I may get shit for this, but I like textbroker.

First, because I started out as a 4 (not yet a 5, but I don't write there enough).

Second, they pay on time.

Third, constant assignments available

Fourth, editors are very friendly and cool.

I know a lot of people get into that 'passive income stream' stuff w/Suite101 but I respectfully have to disagree. Writing 200 articles so in the future I can make $10 a month or whatever FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE just doesn't seem feasible. Textbroker articles are generally super quick to write, and you get paid up front.

I would not bother with anything below 4 stars, though, unless it was to move up.

Mostly, I really like the editors/people I've dealt with there.
Names have been changed to protect the innocent.
Adam V. Lally

Next

Return to Textbroker