[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Bright Hub Overview

• Advertisement

Bright Hub Overview

brighthub.com

Re: Bright Hub Overview

Postby Crackity Jones » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:57 pm

Crackity Jones

Advertisement

Postby imnotaslave » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:00 pm

I was one of the first writers at Bright Hub back in the day when it paid $10 an article and that was good, because your only other alternative was AC or CC.

I quit once completely, went back, but can't get back into it. It's just so fucking complicated and time consuming. I used to spend 30 minutes writing articles there when you could write on just about anything you wanted. Then they changed the rules, then changed them again...and again...and again. I got sick of trying to keep up with the changes.

Now they want me to go back and add references to all my old articles. WTF? Back in the day, if I tried to add references to the end, they deleted them. How am I supposed to remember what I used for references now? Plus, it took me for fucking ever to write the 500 word articles, and now they want 750. When I first started, it was 300. On the upside, they aren't so strict about fluff or rambling, so sometimes not hard to get to 750 words.

Like I said, I tried, but every title I proposed was shot down, and I couldn't write any of the "opportunities", so I just said fuck it. I don't care what they do with my articles. I rewrote most of them for other sites already anyway. I used to make about $20 a month in rev share, then it went down to $10 and now it's way lower than that, so not worth the hassle. I stay on there just in case DMS closes and I need something else.
imnotaslave

Postby El Hombre Pablo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:44 am

I'vew been doing two a day over there because itis simple stuff in the education area. It does take a little time to get them edited, but I have had no problems with them for rewrites. I call it the anti-Demand.
"Well Goober brought down some homegrown hay, It whopped me upside the head I never felt that way, Aunt Bea said we'd be in dutch if the Sherriff ever caught us smokin that stuff" BR5-49
El Hombre Pablo

Postby Whats_A_Breadboard » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:54 pm

They are now paying twice a month, in an effort to encourage their writers to submit their articles earlier.
I am impelled into a stupor of incredulity, as I find your horribly underwhelming intellect to be horribly overwhelming and horribly boring
Whats_A_Breadboard

Previous

Return to Bright Hub