[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - What the He-?

• Advertisement

What the He-?

textbroker.com

What the He-?

Postby Devil_youknow » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:56 pm

So...I do a little writing on Textbroker when I find something that's easy and light. Sometimes I make the mistake of backtracking to see where my article wound up.

A little while ago I had wrote a simply charming article for TB on men's underwear and what women like. I found it on this blog. It looks like they had changed every other word to make it sound like it was written by someone who had just discovered the English language. Seriously.

How horrible is that? I mean, they really screwed it up big time. I'm so glad my name isn't on it.
Devil_youknow

Advertisement

Re: What the He-?

Postby Devil_youknow » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:57 pm

Devil_youknow

Postby CE_ClueBat » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Yeah, Textbroker is mainly spammers and SEO spinners. The clients are crap, the content you write is crap and used for cheap, shitty websites that won't last that long. It's partly why I don't write there, but I've done it. I logged in recently to see the shit they had there, but my last article I wrote months ago dropped me from a 4 to a 3. I guess I used "so" too much. I had a 4 up until that article, so I don't have much desire to write in the 3 section. Textbroker was the first place I hit way back in 2008 when I got fired, and I'm so glad I'm away from the cheap SEO writing.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Devil_youknow » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Oh yeah truly. I go there occasionally, usually write a couple of product descriptions for a quick buck when I've got nothing better to do. I'm at a 4 now but I wouldn't even venture out there if they knocked me down.

I'm kind of pissed they marked you to a 3, especially when the articles get destroyed anyways. Sucktards. You're not missing anything though. :D
Devil_youknow

Postby CE_ClueBat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:46 am

Yeah, I re-read the article and I did use a lot of "so" words. It was deserved. I don't do much proofing when it comes to these companies. I think I probably have this desire to pull myself up to a 4 just for my own ego, but I think I'd rather write a CC article if I am going to write out of boredom. I still look in their queue, but holy shit it's ruined by zombs. I used to log in and there was always something there.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Godwin's Law » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:29 am

I did a few months' stint as a article spinner. It was every bit as awful as you would expect but I was really, really fast at it. It was kind of fun in a perverse way to see what horrible sites my work ended up on. The place folded a while after I was hired though.

Writing for TB reminds me of that. I've written a handful of articles for them and then some dickwad dinged me for not following all 86 pages of instruction for a $4.50 article and it made my rating go down to a 3 so I said fuck it.

I was considering going back and churning out a bunch of BS for some extra Christmas money and then telling them to stick it, but I'm not sure if I closed my account there or not.

I was sick of getting those poorly written emails linking to blog posts about how to use commas that always used commas incorrectly anyway.
Godwin's Law

Postby Devil_youknow » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:18 am

Well, I do have to admit. I do freelance part-time as a hobby/additional source of income. With DMS, I only did a handful of articles every week. On TB, I actually usually avoid the 'articles' and just do product descriptions. I can churn one out in a couple of minutes, grab another, churn. Repeat.

That way I haven't really lost any part-time income (which I usually only use to buy things I want and pay down a little debt anyways.) If it were to all end tomorrow, I wouldn't feel much of a pinch but I do like me some extra cash.
Devil_youknow

Return to Textbroker