[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Hi, I'm new and I was rejected by DS for copy editing

• Advertisement

Hi, I'm new and I was rejected by DS for copy editing

New user? Can't post? Introduce yourself!

Re: Hi, I'm new and I was rejected by DS for copy editing

Postby Pardon_my_French » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:47 pm

<3s Willie who is always so helpful.

Pardon_my_French

Advertisement

Postby liarmcliarface » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:53 pm

"You gotta keep your worlds apart!" - George Costanza
liarmcliarface

Postby Page1News » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:53 pm

:lol: DMS is still contemplating an alter-ego resume that was submitted more than six months ago. I check in every now and again over at the site to see if anything has changed. This is what I see: "Thank you for applying to Demand Media. Our editorial team will contact you via email once your application has been reviewed."

All the hamsters must have died.

As for being rejected, count your blessings. It was, by far, the stupidest gig I've ever encountered. But I sure had fun playing cat and mouse with them. :twisted:
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby Devil_youknow » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:19 pm

I almost kinda want to apply as an editor under an assumed name just to see if I can infiltrate their system and share secrets I find with DSS.

I'd kind of be like Mata Hari. Only without all the fun and intrigue.
Devil_youknow

Postby CE_ClueBat » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:40 am

"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby WalkAway » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:02 am

Clue, that's the perfect description of it. I'm not sure why anyone would want to join DMS at this point. Yeah, there's still a few titles here and there, but it's not a place that you can really make a reliable full-time income at anymore. Especially if you're a CE.
WalkAway

Postby Azucena » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:49 pm

I am new to DSS and have been having trouble posting here. Perhaps this will go through.

I was approved as a writer for DM three years ago, but my CE application was turned down. Apparently I flunked the test, despite years of copy editing experience in New York City as well as at area newspapers in New Jersey. So it is disheartening to read DM forum posts such as these, from a writer/CE:

"Just trying to say that comma errors, whether made by the writer or the CE, are not a big deal in my book, and the same goes for hyphens. . . when I write for Demand, punctuation, style and spelling errors are introduced into my copy regularly, as happens to everyone who writes much at all for Demand. It's all below my radar."

Ya think?

DM should be embarrassed to send out newsletters and emails with goofs like these:

"There was an error with our previous unsubscribe link, our apologies if you are receiving this email in errror."
Azucena

Previous

Return to Hi, My Name is XXX and I'm a DS-aholic....