[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - my name exposed, content stolen

• Advertisement

my name exposed, content stolen

New user? Can't post? Introduce yourself!

my name exposed, content stolen

Postby stolen » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:46 pm

I wrote a bit for demand, a long time ago. Always under a moniker. Never gave them permission to use my real name.

When their new agreement came out, I did not sign it. I did not want to agree to them 'owning' my bio.

Now, to my absolute shock, I discover that my articles have my REAL NAME attached to them, and to make matters worse, they added to that my real bio which they STOLE FROM MY PERSONAL WEBSITE.

I sent messages to their help desks and editorial. But I am seething. I sent them a cease and desist. If they will not comply ASAP, I will follow up with a DMCA complaint and a Google complaint, as well as contact their advertisors. Am I forgetting anything? Any advice on the best way to do all this?
stolen

Advertisement

Re: my name exposed, content stolen

Postby Page1News » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:19 pm

I'm not surprised. They have my name plastered to all kinds of foreign-language content crap that I never wrote. You should spend a few Benjamins on an attorney, imo.
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby The Batman » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:19 pm

It's probably not appropriate for a DMCA or Google complaint. If you want, PM me a link to your bio on your website and a link to a DMS page with the info. I might be able to give you some ideas. But, no one is going to be able to help you without more information.

Your best bet is to hire an attorney for a couple of hundred dollars. You may need a nice little nasty gram on law firm letterhead or an attorney phone call. Shouldn't take much more than that.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby stolen » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:46 pm

I don't want to expose myself any further. Demand was a side experiment for me, just trying out a new venture to see what will come of it. When I saw what they were about - disrespect to professionals, pathetic pay, crazy CEs who change what you've written without asking, I quit. They could have had me write good articles without that crazy format and not make changes to my articles without my knowledge or consent. Instead...well, we all know what they're like, right?

So you guys are saying this is not news? They stole and used my professional name without my permission. They did it knowingly and maliciously. Let's just say that I'm not a burger flipper and they stood to benefit from using my name.
stolen

Postby Page1News » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:49 pm

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby stolen » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Well, whaddayaknow, they replied to my cease and desist and will hopefully remove my name and bio without need for further steps.
stolen

Postby Page1News » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:12 pm

Woo Hoo!! Glad it worked! :D
Page1News

Postby CE_ClueBat » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:12 pm

"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby The Batman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm glad it worked out for you. If they don't take it down in a timely fashion, go the lawyer route. A message on legal letterhead has a much bigger impact. Trust me. I've sent and received lots of them. A phone call from a lawyer to corporate counsel is also a good, quick way to fix these issues that neither side wants to litigate.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby FuckingHostile » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:07 pm

"Many a fool has sought to oppose my diabolical will, only to find out later that they probably shouldn't have tried to do that." --Cthulhu
FuckingHostile

Next

Return to Hi, My Name is XXX and I'm a DS-aholic....