[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - CEs, Time to Treat Them Like Dirt

• Advertisement

CEs, Time to Treat Them Like Dirt

Got a stupid copy editor story? Share it here!

Re: CEs, Time to Treat Them Like Dirt

Postby MsMoneyPenny » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:15 pm

Oh, I'd like to second the motions of no pay for CEs when rejections are overturned. Not only because they risk nothing when they make these poor judgment calls, but then the writer has to risk wasting more time in the appeal and stating their case. If a CE had a change of having their pay pulled for bad mistakes then I think they'd be more likely to think twice before they reject.

I also think that CEs with excessively high rewrite/rejections rates should be automatically reviewed. I think I've said this before, but I strongly believe that those CEs who boast about sending back 80% of the articles they edit for rewrites are abusing their power or asking for things that aren't necessary.
MsMoneyPenny

Advertisement

Postby JulianneHarte » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Check out http://ayearofbaking.blogspot.com, one woman's mission to bake every day for a year!
JulianneHarte

Postby Page1News » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:43 pm

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby queenoffckall » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:48 am

I also agree with the world's greatest detective. If they get to have so much power over our pay, someone else should have a tighter grip on theirs. I also think that these are easier - and, more importantly, cheaper - changes. CE training is all well and good, but if it costs DMS, you know it isn't going to happen.
queenoffckall

Postby BurnCEs » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:26 am

BurnCEs

Postby queenoffckall » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:34 am

queenoffckall

Postby BurnCEs » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:29 am

BurnCEs

Postby MsMoneyPenny » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:15 am

MsMoneyPenny

Postby BurnCEs » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Fucking hell, one of my gems has been "With Editor" for two fucking days now. It's not "With Editor" then is it, you lying cunts, it's "Shacked Up With The Fucking Editor, Sucking Him Off, And Not Coming Up For Air Before New Year." For fuck's sake, pass it you lazy shit and move on to the next fucker.
BurnCEs

Postby BurnCEs » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:26 am

If I ever find out the identity of the human colostomy bag who edited this piece, I'm going to ram my booted foot so hard up his sorry backside that he'll be shitting my toenails for three weeks. Three days to edit the fucker; not a single change and then I get a 3:3. The fucking cum puddle.
BurnCEs

PreviousNext

Return to Copy Editors