[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Drunk

• Advertisement

Drunk

New user? Can't post? Introduce yourself!

Drunk

Postby mr_frugal » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Hi.

I'm Mr_Frugal and I can't stop going back to Demand Media. I do it to earn money, though I do have a job, but DM annoys me because the editors are picky and a lot are arrogant. I get really pissed over re-writes and rejections it's so lame.

Thanks for reading.
mr_frugal

Advertisement

Re: Drunk

Postby visserthree » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:55 pm

Cool story bro
visserthree

Postby Page1News » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:33 pm

Visser: Where have you been hiding, bro? :P
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby visserthree » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:20 pm

Waiting on the sidelines until the time comes that I am needed.
visserthree

Postby The Batman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Keep waiting.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby visserthree » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:34 pm

When you jerk off with a rope around your neck you should always, always have a spotter.
visserthree

Postby mr_frugal » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:43 pm

I got other writing work and have not done anything for demand since i wrote that post. They rejected an article for insane reasons. Then I see other crappy articles going through so I couldn't be bothered with it. So many things to moan about.
mr_frugal

Postby DinaMerrill » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:57 pm

I stopped writing for them too. I'm certain that the number of people experiencing random and crazy rewrites and rejections increased prior to the IPO and now--with the publicity--that number may climb. I took a look at the $2000 forum and realized many really must be zombies!!

Anyway, my work was good quality, ratings were never lower than 3.8 and above 4.0, and I took challenging titles when I shouldn't have. There's no reason to do more work than you have to.

The writer enrichment program? What a joke.

I look forward to seeing their shares crash and burn. I noticed that an Allianz mutual fund bought some of their shares and wondered if they still have them. Why would they?

This may be something that the curious and insightful writers on the forum can learn. I'm impressed with the insight here and I've wanted to tell y'all that for awhile.
DinaMerrill

Postby DinaMerrill » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:59 pm

Sorry. I'm Dina Merrill, and I think that anyone with the ability to write for Demand Studios can write for any other publication. Heck. That's a given. Let's tell them a thing or two at DailyFinance.
DinaMerrill

Return to Hi, My Name is XXX and I'm a DS-aholic....